Statement Of Faith
The fundamental teachings of our church are reflected in the following statements of faith:
- We believe the Bible, as originally given, to be without error, the fully inspired and infallible Word of God and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible.
(Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; the universal sinfulness and guilt of all mankind and his inability to attain righteousness.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully Man.
(Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples.
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25)
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church.
(John 14:2,3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain forgiveness of sins.
(Ephesians 2:8,9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:11)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in order to fulfil the command of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:34-36; 19:1-6)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence, usually, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
(Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 10:44-46; Galatians 3:14-15)
- We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit according to 1 Corinthians 12-14 and the ministries that Christ has set in His church, namely Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers according to Eph 4:7-16.
(1 Corinthians 12-14)
- We believe in the Spirit-filled life, which leads to a life of holiness, and conduct in accordance with the Word of God.
(Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1)
- We believe in divine healing for the whole being, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church.
(Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14)
- We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called the Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers.
(1 Corinthians 11:28-32; Matthew 26:26-28)
- We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgement in the Lake of Fire for the Devil and his angels.
(Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14,15)
- We believe in eternal life for believers John 5:24; 3:16, and eternal judgement for the unbelievers.
(John 5:24; 3:16;Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
- We believe that there is one universal church under the headship of Christ, which is composed of many local churches, made up of born-again believers; these churches administer all their local affairs and ministry, including the spreading of the Gospel.
(Acts 15:22; with Matthew 16:18; 18:15-20)
- We believe that Government is ordained of God. We declare our loyalty to our Government and its leaders and will assist in every way possible consistent with our faith in the Scriptures as Christian citizens.
- We believe that marriage is the foundation of family, is ordained by God and is a holy, life-long, faithful and monogamous covenant relationship between a man and a woman, “whom God created ‘male and female’ in His image”.